This site presents general health information and is not meant to replace a consultation with me or your regular family physician.
What to Expect
In order to see the Paediatrician, you will need a referral from your Family Doctor. Your initial appointment will be 40-60 minutes, depending on the age of your child and the reason for the visit. Your visit will then be followed by (approximately) 1-3 visits with the Paediatrician to solve the problem/question, and then the child will be sent back to the Family Physician for ongoing follow-up care. Please bring your child's Alberta Health care card to your appointment. We ask that you show up at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to check in, and have your child's growth measured.
If more than 6 months has passed since the initial visit, you will require another referral from your Family Physician to see the Paediatrician. Dr. Goldade does not provide Primary Care (which means, she is not your child's regular doctor). She is also not a counsellor nor a Psychiatrist.
Some children (albeit very few) require ongoing primary care by the Paediatrician but this is usually reserved for children with complex medical needs. Even these children should maintain contact with your regular Family Physician as the Paediatrician may not always be able to see your child urgently.
- All patients are seen by appointment only. Please refrain from "walking in" without an appointment.
- We will contact you with positive test results only, if the doctor wishes to speak with you , or to book a follow-up appointment.
- Dr. Goldade does not provide telephone advice.
- We do not perform suturing (stitches) nor casting at the office.
- Radiology (EFW) is in our building but we do not have a laboratory services on site. The closest lab is Southcentre, Glenmore Landing, or South Calgary Urgent Care Centre.
Communicating with Dr. Goldade
- Dr. Goldade sees many children with behavioural, learning and mental health issues.
- If your child is having a behavioural or mental health crisis, please call the office to see we might be able to fit him/her in urgently. However, given Dr. Goldade's busy schedule, this may not be possible. If so, you may wish to contact your Family Physician, you may need to take your child to the Emergency Room or you can call Access Mental Health to ask for advice (403-943-1500).
- Dr. Goldade has a busy schedule and does not take phone calls.
- You may have been asked to communicate with Dr. Goldade via www.ADHDratingscales.com. This is a place to provide feedback to Dr. Goldade but she is unable to get back to you via that website. If you need something more urgent, please phone the office.
- Another way to provide information to Dr. Goldade is to do the rating scales from the www.childmentalhealth.ca website. There are a number of rating scales there (depression, anxiety, ADHD, Adverse Childhood Events (ACEs), behaviour, etc.). These scales are sent securely and directly to Dr. Goldade. Feel free to complete any Rating Scales that you feel are relevant for your child. Parents can do them, Teachers/Coaches can do them and your child.
- You may have been asked to complete Anxiety and Depression Rating Scales. These also can be downloaded off of the web (just Google Scared Anxiety Rating Scales or the Beck's Depression Rating Scales). You can send a copy of these scales to Dr. Goldade by snail mail, fax or email. But in order to use (insecure) email please print/sign/witness/return the Consent to Use Electronic Communication form first (which is on the bottom of the Home Page).
Late or Missed Appointments
Dr. Goldade (and all of the Paediatricians in our office) are very on time. So, if you are late, the appointment may have to be shorter than anticipated or possibly cancelled if you are running very late. You are encouraged to call the clinic if you are running late to review the options regarding your child's appointment. If you cannot make an appointment, we ask that you cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours (1 full business day) before your visit to avoid being charged for a missed appointment. This will also give us the opportunity to book in another child and thus make it easier to see the Paediatrician! Also, please note that if there have been two occasions where you have failed to attend without notification or cancelled an appointment without sufficient notice, you will be discharged from active treatment with your doctor and no further appointments will be made, until the outstanding payment for these missed appointments is paid.
Dr. Goldade does not double book patients. So, if you are late, it then unfairly forces all of the patients of that day to be late too.
Shoes and stroller wheels can pick up a lot of dirty things from the environment. Since our patients are frequently playing on the floor, we like to keep things as clean as possible and ask everyone that comes to our office to remove their outdoor footwear. We also ask that strollers are left in the reception area. If your child's wheelchair tires are dirty, please take the time to wipe them off in the washroom before the appointment to help keep our office clean. You are welcome to bring indoor shoes or slippers to the appointment. We also shoe covers at the front door that you can slip on.
If possible, please try to arrange child care for your other children so we can focus our attention on the child that is coming to see the Paediatrician. If you are unable to do so, please bring something that will keep the child entertained during the appointment.
There is surface parking available outside the building, however there are no spots designated for Southport Paediatrics. Please ensure you have allowed enough time to park and then get to our office before your appointment time. Parking is now managed by Impark, and you MUST register your car at the machines just inside the entrance doors. The first two hours are free.
Many services that we provide are not covered by Alberta Health Care. A fee will be charged for such items, such as completing letters, forms and other non-insured services. We charge fees at the rates suggested by the Alberta Medical Association.
* The following costs are only estimates, please contact the office for updated prices.
For more information prior to your appointment, please see the F.A.Q section
Suite 109, 10333 Southport Road SW
Calgary, Alberta T2W 3X6